On Wednesday 20th November 2013 we held our training and networking event, Researching the Great War, for the project volunteers, partner museums and any other interested parties, at Essex Record Office.
The course was organised by Sarah Girling and Tony Morrison, through Share Museums East.
The day included a wide variety of speakers from across Essex and some of their presentations can be seen here, including:
- Ken Crowe from Southend Museums: Ken Crowe’s Presentation
- Dr Rachel Duffett from the University of Essex: Rachel Duffett’s Presentation
- Josie Gale from the Imperial War Museum’s First World War Centenary Project: Josie Gale’s Presentation*
- author Paul Rusiecki: Paul Rusiecki’s Presentation plus Research Methods using materials at ERO Paul Ruseicki
- Martin Astell from the Essex Sound and Video Archive
- Allyson Lewis from the Essex Record Office: Allyson Lewis’s Presentation
- Ian Hook from the Essex Regiment Museum (Chelmsford Museums)
- Stuart Woodward from BBC Essex
*NB Please do not circulate this presentation more widely than within your organisations. The longer it is since the meeting, the more the information might become out of date and we would not want inaccurate information from IWM to be made public. Many thanks. Josie Gale.